Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wednesday is Project Day

My husband has a pretty good work schedule.  Most days we get to eat breakfast and dinner together.  But one day a week he gets home late.  Wednesday.  And that means dinner, baths, story, and bed are all me.  But it also means that Wednesday is project day.

After the kids are in bed, what am I supposed to do?  Well, hopefully, it means tackling my long list of projects that I want to get done around the house.  :)  Last night was incredibly productive, if I do say so myself!

It all started with a closet.  I think it was intended to be a linen closet, but we don't have much, so I really only needed one shelf for all of our towels.  And so, because I had commandeered all the other closets for myself (don't judge!), the remaining space was left to my husband for all of his clothes.  Suffice it to say, he did not have a lot of room to work with.  Therefore, what was once plenty of space, neat and organized, turned into this monstrosity:    


So last night, I happily set to work.  I pulled everything out, sorted and packed away winter clothes.  Then I organized what was left and placed it neatly and orderly on the shelves.  Now his clothes are not piled in front of my towels!


Ah, the beauty of living in a small space and the necessity of simple, organized living.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment