Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Well, so much for keeping up with my blog during the lazy days of summer, huh?  I'm not really sure what happened to July, seems like I just looked up one day and it was over!  Then, because school starts crazy early here, it was back to the grind before we knew what hit us.

And yet, while we were greatly enjoying our fun summer days, I have to say, this time of year I am always ready for the heat to move on, and cool refreshing fall weather to set in, and for us to get back into a routine.  So that's exactly what we've been doing.  I am teaching part time this year, so the kids and I are up, fed, dressed and out the door at 8 am.  I drop them off at pre-school and then I head upstairs to teach.  I am only teaching two classes (and they are all seniors), so it is really a fantastic schedule.  I am done at 10:45, wrap things up, get ready for the next day and then go back downstairs to pick up my sweet babies.

And believe me, although they aren't there long, they LOVE going to pre-school!  And I love that they get time with friends, have a routine that they can count on, and are learning SO much.  Including scripture.  First thing Wednesday morning, they go to chapel, where they sing songs and then a speaker teaches something about the Bible.  Then they go back to class and do a craft related to the lesson and discuss it more.  And then we discuss it at home!  They also have music class, Spanish class, visits to the library, and everyday get to go outside for recess.

So all in all, I'd say it's been a successful few weeks!  Now, I know we're a little past the "first day of school" photos, considering we have been back at school for, oh, three weeks now, but better late than never, right??

So here they are, all ready for the BIG day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment