Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cleaning House

One of the great things about moving is having the opportunity to clean out the clutter.  And with this move, that is just what we intend to do.  Of course, this time, it's out of necessity really.  But it still feels good to clean out boxes that have not been opened in years.

Over the past two weeks I have spent everyday sorting boxes into trash, yard sale, keep.  Because we just don't have the space to take very much with us, I would estimate that for every 3 boxes I unpack, we keep about a box (or less).  Although I really have no idea if all my hard work is even good enough yet.  I guess we will have to see if everything we have left fits in the moving truck next week!


It has been amazing to see the kinds of things that you come across when you go through every single box.  There are boxes that have not been opened in years.  So far, I have discovered countless school notebooks and textbooks (from high school and college), every single card we received for our wedding, a box of kitchen mixing bowls and decor that has been missing since we moved from Virginia to Texas (3 years ago), and my retainer, obviously being put to good use (oops! sorry mom and dad!).

Although it was difficult at first to put so many things in the yard sale pile, it feels SO GOOD to have so much junk cleared out!  And I know when we get to where we're going it will feel good to have everything cleaned out and organized.  


Here's a glimpse of our yard sale pile so far.  You really can't see how much is there, but trust me, it's a lot.  I'll get some better pictures this weekend once we have everything set up.  I think it's going to be fun!  Although, it will also be exhausting.  But that's ok, we can rest when it's over, haha!

I just hope it's not too hot.  But around here, that is probably wishful thinking, especially considering the high for this weekend is 108 degrees.  Too bad we don't have a tent to put over everything to keep it shaded!  Oh well, guess we'll just lather on the sunscreen.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment