Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day by Day

It used to be difficult finding purpose in the day to day, mundane life of a stay at home mom.  There were so many days spent covered in spit up, picking up cheerios and cleaning dirty diapers, that it was easy to feel like I was "missing out" some how.  That I didn't have a "real" job or ministry, and therefore wasn't serving God's kingdom because, let's face it, I rarely even left the house!

But as I go through various seasons of my life I am learning (and re-learning) that it doesn't matter whether I am out working in the "real" world, or at home with the kids; out on the mission field or in the church nursery.  What God expects of me does not change.

God's word states, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31.


"...whatever you do..."  Whatever you do in your family, in your job, in your church, in the world, in public or in private, "do it ALL for the glory of God."  


All of God's actions end in HIS glory, whether it is His creation, His providence, His judgement or His mercy.  It is the same with His son, Jesus Christ.  All that Christ did and does has the glory of God as its end.  His life, His sacrifice, His suffering, death and resurrection all bring God glory.  Therefore, everything that we do, every word, every action, every deed, ought to be singularly focused.  To the glory of God alone.  


Now that I am teaching full time, I face new challenges.  New frustrations.  New discouragements.  But the reason I am there is to love my students and share Christ with them.  To honor and glorify God in how I prepare and how I teach, in how I speak and how I (try) to show patience.

No matter what situation I find myself in, or where I am working, or what I am doing, God still calls me to live and act in a way that brings Him glory.  I love the song "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  It is such a great reminder!  I hope you are blessed by the song and the truth of God's word today!



1 comment: