Sunday, June 10, 2012

Settling In

Well, summer is in FULL swing around here!  I am officially done teaching for the year, and my husband got a new job, so our roles have been reversed once again.  As hard as it was going back to work last year, by the end, we had finally figured out a routine that worked.  But then, school was over, and my husband went back to work, and so here I sit, back home with the kids.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is right where I want to be, but after an entire school year of working, being home with three small children all day while daddy goes to work took a little adjusting to.  But I've been home for two weeks now, and I think we are settling into a wonderful routine.  And although it is still crazy around here, and I am still exhausted, it feels, somehow, less chaotic.  And I am getting to spend SO much time with my little ones, and do all the fun things that I have been missing out on all year long.  We go the the playground, read stories, have water fights with their neighbor friends, and memorize scripture together.

I'm really looking forward to spending the summer home with them, and cherishing the time I have while they are still so little.  But I'm also looking forward to getting some projects done around here that have been sorely neglected for the last ten months!

A few of my goals for the summer:


  • Potty train Bubba! (Not really a goal...more like a necessity!)
  • Learn how to use my (a.k.a my mom's) sewing machine!
  • Fix the ever growing pile of stuffed animals that have been torn (so that my house will no longer be covered in stuffing)
  • Organize my husband's closet (seriously, piles of clothes fly out at you when you open the door...)
  • Clean/learn to use my new (meaning used and FREE) bread machine!  
  • Read at least one just for fun novel (any suggestions??)
  • Develop a consistent quiet time/prayer time (working on this...it's difficult with three kids...)
Now I realize this may be an overly ambitious list for one short summer, but as hard as I worked this year and as much as I accomplished, I feel like I can handle anything! :)  So, we'll see how it goes!

What are your plans or goals for the summer?  Any fun travels planned??  I would love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment