Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Fun!

I was informed by one of my students today that it is not technically fall yet.  Not until September 22.  Well, that's ok, we are having tons of *Fall fun* already!!

Last weekend, my husband's seminary hosted their annual Fall Festival.  This is a HUGE deal, and I don't think we could have really prepared for how big it is if we tried! They go all out, down to the very last detail, and everything was FREE.  :)

The theme this year was Narnia, so everything was focused around the characters and stories from the Chronicles of Narnia.  We even walked "through the wardrobe" to enter the festival.  


There were tents surrounding the quad filled with all kinds of yummy treats, as well as thirty-plus bounce houses for kids and adults of all ages.  The only thing that got my kids out of the toddler bouncy house was telling them that we were getting some sweet treats, haha!




Bounce House Fun!!


There was also free Chick-Fil-A!  That's all I needed to know, ha!  

Is this not the CUTEST picture you have ever seen?!?  She's so laid back, she just hung out while we ate our chicken.  :)



After dinner, there was and face painting and crown making...




And after dark, there was a Narnia-themed jousting show.  We only saw a little, because it was already way past the kids' bedtime as it was, but man, it was spectacular!  Here is one of the horses that we got to see...


And on our way out, my daughter got a magic wand and my son got a sword.  I can't even tell you how much fun they had!  We had planned on having dinner and then heading out, but the kids were so good and having so much fun, we didn't leave until almost 9 pm!  Plus, I saw several of my students, and we saw a girl that we knew in college with her husband who is also a student here!  It's such a small world, and we are loving it here so much.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome that jackets are needed in September!! I know you don't love it as much as I do :) These pictures are adorable! I love Lydia's face painting!!

    ReplyDelete