Monday, September 12, 2011

Things...Are...HAPPENING!

Oh my goodness gracious, friends!!  I cannot believe I neglected my beloved blog for so long.  There we were, right in the middle of one of the most fantastic/crazy/joy-filled/INSANE road trips ever, and I just stop posting.  Leaving you all completely hanging.

Rude, huh?

To give up this blog was never my intention.  What has happened in the last 2 and a half months, however, is a very long story.  So I guess I better start at the beginning! :)

Obviously, our road trip was off to a shaky start (to say the least).  But rest assured, the remainder of our journey was significantly better!  We learned what works (and what doesn't) when driving cross country with three babies under three, visited with tons of family and friends, relaxed as a family, did lots of sight-seeing, and eventually (a week and a half later) arrived home in Virginia.  

And all the while, I was taking pictures and preparing to relay one fun and hilarious story after another here on my blog.  Unfortunately, after leaving Texas, we were without internet access.  And THEN, I left my computer at my Grandma's house!  And THEN, when I finally got my computer back and accessed working internet, well, I got lazy.  Hey, I was on vacation!  Lots of things have been happening around here since our cross country adventure, so if you want to know what ELSE is up with my life (and where we have finally settled this time) you will have to tune in tomorrow for PART TWO!  :)

Until then, here are some highlights from part one of our vacation!

Fun times in the backseat:




Impromptu afternoon in the park:




Birthday dinner with some of our favorite Texans!



Picnic lunch, somewhere in the middle of east Texas (and boy, was it HOT!):






Texas is such a HUGE state, I feel like the majority of our trip was spent just driving across Texas!  Slowly but surely, we made our way and eventually said "good-bye" to Texas, and entered the state of Arkansas.  Our next stop:  Little Rock.

Visiting my Aunt and Uncle:




Exploring one of the COOLEST places for little munchkins that I have ever seen, "The Wonder Place":











What comes next??  I will share the rest of our trip in pictures with you tomorrow... woohoo!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah-so glad to see you back on here. I was worried about you all. So glad that things went well. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip too. Hope you are doing well. The babies are growing up so fast!!!
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete