Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things...Are...Happening...PART 2!

So after leaving Little Rock, we headed into Tennessee.  Tennessee is a very long state, and we have a lot of friends and family there, so we took our time driving through.  First stop, Nashville!

The Parthenon and playing in Centennial Park:







After we left Nashville, we were able to spend some wonderful time visiting my family.  My kids had SO much fun with GiGi and my cousin's son Luke!  When we were at the mall, Luke decided to try a bungee trampoline jump thing (what is the actual name for those things??) so of course my daughter had to do it too!





She was so proud of herself.  After she got started, she said, "Mama, look at me! Look at me, Mama, I'm jumping and I'm not even crying!" :)  Such a big girl!!

After we left my Grandma's house, we went to visit our friends in east Tennessee.  We were able to spend some much needed time together, and were shown such tremendous hospitality!  Here are the highlights:

Riding the rides at Dollywood:




Playing at the park:





After we left, we finally, at long last, 12 days after our journey began, crossed the border into Virginia.  We took a slight detour on our way home to visit our beloved alma mater, James Madison University.  It had been so long since we walked on the campus and ate a delicious Dave's lunch, we just couldn't pass it up.



When I told my kids this is the "Kissing rock," my daughter bent down and kissed it.  HAHA!



**Side note, if you are in Harrisonburg, I am very sorry we didn't get to visit with you.  It was really just a walk on the quad while we eat some lunch and then get back on the road kind of stop.**

So then, we finally made it home.  Where we spent the better part of July.  It was fun and relaxing, and I read a book (beginning to end!) for the first time in years.  (Well, maybe not years, but it has been a REALLY long time)  :)  So where are we now??

Come back tomorrow for the exciting conclusion!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! It looks like such a great trip! And bravo on reading a book front to back =)

    Mb

    ReplyDelete